romans
Its been so long since I used this blog that I forgot my login info. that sad.
Well...I've been reading in Romans as of late but haven't gotten much out of it. I mean, the truth is there and I feel it, but I don't think I'm letting it impact my life. So, here's what I've really been thinking about lately...
What needs to happen for someone to let something become personal? I get really frustrated, ok...not that frustrated, by people who don't understand why I recycle. I haven't met many people who understand or realize the importance in preserving our earth...etc. But, I know that they are quite aware that landfills full of trash are not good things. They know that recycling is a proven internationally recognized good for all people and for future generations. Stop me if I'm sounding like a politician, but I wonder if these people don't recycle because they don't have to live in the world that their/our polution will create. They send their trash off and don't have to see it in their dog's food dish the next week. Its gone, we still have places to dump our...lets move on.
And there it is. I wonder about issues like abortion. Yeah, abortion. If someone who is all anti-abortion, "its murder, mad mad mad" were to have a daughter get pregnant a few months before she was to start college on a full ride athletic scholarship to 'their dream school." Even thought hey may not change their opinion...they may change their thinking. Maybe abortion was a bad example. I think evangelism is a good one. I don't think i care enough sometimes about people who are heading to "hell in hand basket" (to borrow the phrase).
I've just been thinking about how individual thinking/acting I can be...or we can be. I do a great job of covering my own back and fulfilling my own needs but so often I ignore the way I live might affect others. Kind of like the way I change the channel when the commercial with the grey haired guy holding an african kid come on asking for money. I just mute it or turn the TV off. Its easier to do nothing than it is to do something. I don't have a plan on the side to change the world. I just wake up everyday hoping God will send me the map...or soemthing like that. Maybe thats wrong? I think it probably is or maybe there's a purpose in where I am and what I'm doing. Maybe there's a reason I don't blog anymore? maybe I'm thinking too much.
I'm not spending time proof reading ro spell checking my posts anymore. This is for me again.
I've been youth pastor for 8 months and they still haven't found this site.
Well...I've been reading in Romans as of late but haven't gotten much out of it. I mean, the truth is there and I feel it, but I don't think I'm letting it impact my life. So, here's what I've really been thinking about lately...
What needs to happen for someone to let something become personal? I get really frustrated, ok...not that frustrated, by people who don't understand why I recycle. I haven't met many people who understand or realize the importance in preserving our earth...etc. But, I know that they are quite aware that landfills full of trash are not good things. They know that recycling is a proven internationally recognized good for all people and for future generations. Stop me if I'm sounding like a politician, but I wonder if these people don't recycle because they don't have to live in the world that their/our polution will create. They send their trash off and don't have to see it in their dog's food dish the next week. Its gone, we still have places to dump our...lets move on.
And there it is. I wonder about issues like abortion. Yeah, abortion. If someone who is all anti-abortion, "its murder, mad mad mad" were to have a daughter get pregnant a few months before she was to start college on a full ride athletic scholarship to 'their dream school." Even thought hey may not change their opinion...they may change their thinking. Maybe abortion was a bad example. I think evangelism is a good one. I don't think i care enough sometimes about people who are heading to "hell in hand basket" (to borrow the phrase).
I've just been thinking about how individual thinking/acting I can be...or we can be. I do a great job of covering my own back and fulfilling my own needs but so often I ignore the way I live might affect others. Kind of like the way I change the channel when the commercial with the grey haired guy holding an african kid come on asking for money. I just mute it or turn the TV off. Its easier to do nothing than it is to do something. I don't have a plan on the side to change the world. I just wake up everyday hoping God will send me the map...or soemthing like that. Maybe thats wrong? I think it probably is or maybe there's a purpose in where I am and what I'm doing. Maybe there's a reason I don't blog anymore? maybe I'm thinking too much.
I'm not spending time proof reading ro spell checking my posts anymore. This is for me again.
I've been youth pastor for 8 months and they still haven't found this site.


1 Comments:
People are very stuck in their ways. Change is difficult ... whether it is change in action (recycling), change in thought (thinking about abortion from a different perspective, etc.) or any other change. I wonder how different the world would be if we'd all simply take the time and effort to look at things from other people's perspectives. ...maybe that's too much to ask?
Post a Comment
<< Home