more.
I'm at a place in life where I realize what is ahead of me and what i must do. but...I don't feel like I'm not making much progress at all. Am I depressed? no. Do i like my life? Yeah, I do. But there is a thirst for change. A wanting for my vision to become reality today. is it a patience problem. Possibly.
I feel that I'm not wasting my time preparing sermons, calling students, or programming events...but, I'm at a place of needing one of those moments where you can lok back and say, "wow, that's why God had me doing that!"
But now, its all work sometimes. It seems like the majority of his people are just not getting it. It seems like conflict is easier to find than conversion and nobody cares.
This all seems so depressing as i type this. It's really not, the church (local) is making progress and I am part of it. The kingdom in this area of NC is moving, but I want more! I want people to wake up to their potentials. I want to see people wake up to the reality of the gospel and Christ's love for them. I want to look and see us receive prodigals into our homes.
I get frustrated by people who call themselves christians, serve in the church, but really don't believe in the power of the gospel to change lives. They think God intended for us to sit on pews, listen to Chris Tomlin CDs, and stuff oursleves at the annual potluck. Didn't Christ die for more than that?
I read a book recently about the bankruptcy of ENRON corp. Talking about greed and our tendency as humans to believe one thing and do another. Geesh, we are so messed up some times.
Writing was good for me today. Kind of a wrant. ya know?
I feel that I'm not wasting my time preparing sermons, calling students, or programming events...but, I'm at a place of needing one of those moments where you can lok back and say, "wow, that's why God had me doing that!"
But now, its all work sometimes. It seems like the majority of his people are just not getting it. It seems like conflict is easier to find than conversion and nobody cares.
This all seems so depressing as i type this. It's really not, the church (local) is making progress and I am part of it. The kingdom in this area of NC is moving, but I want more! I want people to wake up to their potentials. I want to see people wake up to the reality of the gospel and Christ's love for them. I want to look and see us receive prodigals into our homes.
I get frustrated by people who call themselves christians, serve in the church, but really don't believe in the power of the gospel to change lives. They think God intended for us to sit on pews, listen to Chris Tomlin CDs, and stuff oursleves at the annual potluck. Didn't Christ die for more than that?
I read a book recently about the bankruptcy of ENRON corp. Talking about greed and our tendency as humans to believe one thing and do another. Geesh, we are so messed up some times.
Writing was good for me today. Kind of a wrant. ya know?


3 Comments:
I can relate to this a lot today. Just reading through the book of Acts and how much belief and fullness those people live in makes me yearn for that so much and I don't see what God is doing right now in my life. I am a little down trodden today with my Christian brothers and sisters at school. I am such the outsider to them and no one really understands what it means to live transparantly anymore. I'm a terrible faker and I wear my heart on my sleeve, so I don't have too much of a choice but to be transparent. I think we need to get some people's together and really pray for God to move. Nothing else is going to change anything. Much love.
hi jared bell :) i don't know if you remember me or not, but i randomly stumbled upon your blog today. i was an RA in evans with your lovely wife one year, and i was wondering if you would tell her hello for me. i'd love to catch up with becky...my email is brooksandjill@gmail.com...would you please ask her to email me someday if she has time? thanks jared...i enjoyed reading your blog. God will bless you for wanting to break out of the 'normal' Christian shell and be a wild man for Him :)
Endure...
Post a Comment
<< Home