Saturday, October 08, 2005

living on.

Since I graduated from college and parked my truck in the adult world it has been tougher to find something to write about. All the things that were so profound to me before... seem distant and beyond me now. I used to enjoy writing about junk that only I care about but now that I'm doing something with my life that is different from those who might read me...I feel this pressure to write something that others may care about too.

I like to read but I haven't read anything that interested me in a long time. I'm married and its not too bad reading the marriage/sex books every once in awhile but its not about knowledge...its all about practice. So they get kinda old.

You'de never know you're a northener until you move to the south. It seems like everything that we (my wife & I) do different makes us stick out as big fat yankees. They have their special soda that does taste pretty good, but I think most sodas taste about the same. They have their own way of talking... and, of course, way of cooking (BBQ).

I really like them better than midwestern gawkers though. for one thing, I never fealt like I could meet one person in Indiana/Illinois who loved where they live (even if its where they were born and grew up). They speak of other places as vacations they don't need. Their is no idolization of california or city lifestyle. They're not hicks, they just like it here and aren't whiners either. Everyone I met at IWU fealt like they had to give me their "reasons why I should not live in the midwest" speech or, the ever popular "why did you come out to Indiana" speech. (this paragraph is a rash generalization).

oh well. I finally blogged again.

I'm done writing now...

Jared Bell

6 Comments:

Blogger juli said...

I miss you guys! Hope things are going well in North Carolina... or South Carolina? I forget. I'm just one of those dumb yankees who can't tell the difference... I suppose one would be more northern...

8:11 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and totally dug it. Now I'm in Michigan and enjoy it, too.

That's all I have to say about that.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

who the heck are you?
nice shades.I dig 'em.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm so Jared--

Mike and I say hi. :) We got married in August--don't know if you knew that. No, I'm not pregnant...just some family drama that changed some plans.

I for one LOVE Indiana--Fishers in particular, and I think its the best place in the world...I would give you the "Why Marion?? Speech" but not the "Why Indiana??" one.

Anyway--hope life is well for you and your wifey--Mike and I are totally diggin married life. :)

Take care of yourself--

Hayley Morgan

12:50 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

I'm Tony Myles...

don't call me Veronica.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it kohler devonshire bath faucet White woman dating black man waipahu hawaii bontril ups overnight delivery Www adipex Handycam samsung scd-103 kia shuma ii dash cover Spyke evolution jacket Culinary schools 2619 0000-00-00 0 hline evista toe Cum in own mouth florida mortgage

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home