Wednesday, June 01, 2005

live and learn

Over time I have come to learn and realize that the bible is pretty dang true. Many can find, create, and/or point out holes that would make it seem irrational or stupid to believe but...I'm fine with that (to an extent). I don't think it matters or should matter to me if anyone believes the bible is false or 'a load of crap.' The bible is truth and I live by it, how can I expect anyone who does not believce the bible as truth to live by it?

Now, I do care about those who don't believe, but not to the extent of having it damage my own faith. Is this an issue many of us deal with? Shunning others for the sake of building our own belief system...instead of caring deeply about people who are lost as we once were? I'm glad my family and a close friend cared about me when I was lost and not believing in God.

We really need to care about the world full of people who are going to hell. We are all wretches saved by grace. Stop building ministries that are only geared towards people who watch TBN and calling it discipleship...call it what it really is...non caring and scared christians who don't care if the rest of the world goes to hell as long as they are safe in their own belief sytem.

Stop being safe and start caring. I never said I was any good at it but I'm trying.

I'm done writing now...

Jared Bell

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Are we more concerned about salvation from hell or salvation from sin? Is there a difference? Just a thought.

1:41 PM  
Blogger mlbeck said...

Reading this I am reminded of "The Village" and its similarities with some of evangelicalism. May we never sacrifice our mission of loving our neighbor and spreading the Gospel for comfort and safety within our Church walls and Christian communities. As Edward said in the movie: "I hope am always able to risk everything for the just and right cause."

Thanks for the challege Jared. I miss you bud and hope all is well with Becky, wedding plans, and church searching. Looking foward to seeing you in New York.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home