Three decisions
I had a long and meaningful conversation with a guy today. One of the things he told was some advice he received from his dad. See what you think…
“There are three important decisions you will make in your life. And it’s best to only have to make them once…whom will you serve? God or Satan? Who will you marry? And lastly, what calling will you answer?"
I agree, but wonder if we can answer several callings in life. That it is part of one’s journey to pursue one thing now, in preparation for a higher calling later. But that makes life seem so confusing and gives all the college age slackers another way to justify their “not doing anything with their lives.” Not to be too blunt or anything.
I'm done writing now...
Jared Bell
“There are three important decisions you will make in your life. And it’s best to only have to make them once…whom will you serve? God or Satan? Who will you marry? And lastly, what calling will you answer?"
I agree, but wonder if we can answer several callings in life. That it is part of one’s journey to pursue one thing now, in preparation for a higher calling later. But that makes life seem so confusing and gives all the college age slackers another way to justify their “not doing anything with their lives.” Not to be too blunt or anything.
I'm done writing now...
Jared Bell


1 Comments:
Jared,
Great thoughts! I agree with you that we have many "callings" to answer thourghout our lives. God will constantly ask us to make decisions and follow Him and it is our job to follow. I like to call those "leadings". I think of my "calling" as my life calling to give my full-time efforts to loving God and loving His people - which is partially expressed in ministry! Much love bro!
-Brandon
Post a Comment
<< Home