Sunday, March 20, 2005

What else matters?

I was recently very annoyed by an acquaintance of mine. You see, I am Armenian. To those who don't know what that means...I envy you. All it is, the side of the theological fence opposite Calvinism. For reasons I choose and I believe, I choose Armenianism. That said...I was annoyed by this acquaintance.

I enjoy the rich and artful words and music of Derek Webb. He's an open Calvinist and what my not-so-friendly acquaintance would like to call a 5-point Calvinist. Now, many might think the reasons I was upset are due to our difference in theological beliefs. I admit, I was taking back a bit because of pure indifference. However, the catalyst at which set me off was due to this untactful boy’s way of thinking that because a recording artist and fellow brother in Christ’s theology differed from mine of five pints that I would recant my favor and respect of his music and disregard all that Derek Webb has ever said and done.

Here’s my thing. Whether you are Calvinist, Armenian, catholic of confused. Do you stand up for truth? Do you believe that Jesus Christ’s blood is has the power to wash away all sin?
This is a short blog and one to comment or question. I hold to my Armenian beliefs and love them. But I d not condemn those who differ from me as long as they hold to the core truths of scriptures and Christian living. For all I care…you can take my denomination and my church discipline. But I will still hold to loving God and neighbor. Tell me what else matters more? I'm fishing for comments here. Inform me and point me in the "right" direction if you can.

I'm done writing now...

Jared Bell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home