Tuesday, October 24, 2006

fair

I've been pondering/thinking/questioning the concept and validity of the word "fair."
Yeah...It doesn't seem very deep but its weighing on my mind a lot.

I seem to have heard all my life about this word (fair) and how life, competition, and even the prices of food can be described that way. You just have to find the fair deal or something.

I looked it up and is basically defined as "playing by the rules." hmmm...I guess I wanted a little more out of my dictionary. moving on I guess...

I see, interact, and connect with these people out here and find that life is not fair at all and saying that 'it is' seems to only put those who 'have' in a safe bubble of denial (am I wrong?). I wonder if the idea of fair is not only relative but is actually impossible.

I wonder if the only way that life can be seen as anything fair would be if the 'haves' were to realize that life is not fair and start making up for it by giving to the 'have nots.'

If the ones with families would be family to those without it. If those who are loved would love those who are without love. If those without hope would have people bring it to them. I wonder...I wonder if life is so unfair not because of sin and moral failure and the 'have nots' deserving what they got but primarily due to selfishness (or ignorance if I want to be nice) from the 'haves.'

I'm only critical because I am a have in almost every area. I have job, a college education, a wonderful home, wife, dog, computer, friends, mentors, church, income, family, truck...but I still not only have a hard time giving but tend to allow myself to see myself as a 'have not' who is waiting for those selfish 'haves' to pass me a slice of cake.

Questions:
Are all we literally "haves" and "have nots?"
Do we all have needs that another can and should fill?
But some of us just have more needs than others?
While others have more that they are able to give than others do?

With all that I have...I realize there are probably more people without it.
I wonder if the answer continues to be "love in action?"

This blog will not do a thing for anyones needs.
I have no answers. Just questions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaah... but this blog helps fill my need... my need for time with my friend with the eyes that say so much... the eyes i miss... and the conversations that fill my soul.

there are some "haves" that are so important... they help me forget the things that deceived me into thinking i was a "have not".

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home